Do you need to sell a complicated product to customers and have to take Sales Engineer out on trips to do basic demos to Sales Qualified Leads?
Before Declarative Systems existed, there was PE_Kit, a GUI for demoing Puppet Enterprise in seconds, not minutes. PE_Kit still works and is 100% open source software (Apache 2.0 license). Demonstrate Puppet Enterprise just by clicking the big button that says “Puppet Enterprise Console”? You betcha!
Why use PE_Kit?
- Two node Puppet Enterprise system up and running in the time it takes PuppetServer to start
- Get a root terminal on each node instantly, just by clicking the buttons
How does PE_Kit reduce your sales cycle for Puppet Enterprise?
- Demo Puppet Enterprise without an engineer
- Built-in slide deck - just press the button and talk through it while the demo loads
- Need to test something out in Puppet for a customer? You can be testing code samples in seconds not minutes
- Runs on a laptop with no Internet Access required - perfect for situations where you can’t get a signal
- Instant reset between customers - just restart the App
What are the alternatives?
- Custom stacks in Vagrant or hand-rolled
- Custom stacks in the cloud
The problems with these approaches is that their either hard to use or fragile or both. You 100% have to be an engineer to get them to do anything useful, even if your amazing at sales and know exactly what to say to the customer.
PE_Kit is the only specialised demo tool out there with a big button that says “Puppet Enterprise Console”
Want to demo something else?
Are you a vendor with a complex product that’s hard to demo? Interested in cutting costs and increasing useful output by using your sales engineers more productively?
Email [email protected] to discuss how we can customise PE_Kit to work with your own product.
Try it out
Want to try PE_Kit with Puppet Enterprise? Email [email protected] for (free) access to the Docker images.
PE_Kit works fine on Linux but might need a little work to get back up to date for the mac. Windows isn’t currently supported but could be.